It’s only been only a few days since Easter so we are still eating lots of hardboiled eggs at my house. My mom says I make the best egg-salad, which I don’t understand since I’m really picking and, therefore, do not put very much in it. But since it is a favorite at my house, here’s my VERY SIMPLE recipe for egg salad.
- 1 egg per person
- enough Miracle Whip(R) to be creamy with no dry yolk
- a large dollop of yellow mustard
- salt and pepper
- Combine egg and a large spoonful of Miracle Whip(R) and add additional Miracle Whip(R) until yolks are smooth and moist.
- Add enough yellow mustard to give the mix a distinct yellow color.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
And, by the way, cooking the eggs is an art, too, apparently. Here’s an article from Yahoo! about “boiling” the perfect egg. This is how I’ve been preparing my eggs for years… decades… this is how my dad taught me to make eggs… and it works like a charm.